dilluns, 31 de maig del 2010

The Twits new Trick

One lovely sunny morning, Mr and Mrs Twit were sitting out in the garden, enjoying the sun and relaxing. It was so hot that they both had a t-shirt and shorts on, showing their very hairy legs and bare feet.

Mrs Twit was looking at her husbands feet, when suddenly he turned to her and shouted: 'What are you looking at?!', 'your ugly, long, yellow nails!', she answered back. 'they're horrible! Cut them right now!
'No!' said Mr Twit, ' I've always had them like this and that's how they are going to stay! I can scratch my legs with no need to bend down!'.
Mrs Twit was so annoyed that he wouldn't cut his nails that she started to plan her revenge.

That night they had supper and went to bed as usual, but Mrs Twit made sure that he was fast asleep to start her revenge. She jumped out of bed and grabbed pieces of string she had hidden underneath the mattress. She tied his arms, one on each side of the bed, and did the same with his legs.

The next morning when Mr Twit woke up, he realized that he couldn't move. He started to scream for help and after a few seconds Mrs Twit walked into the bedroom laughing her head off, 'what are you going to do now? He! He! He! You cant move! And I'm going to do what you should have done when I asked you!' she said.

Mr Twit wasn't thinking clearly and didn't know what she was talking about. She got close to the bed and from behind her back she brought out some enormous scissors from the garden to cut the grass. 'I'm going to cut your ugly nails with this! And if you don't keep still I'll cut your toes too! So its up to you!'.

'No! Please don't! You'll be sorry if you do it!' he exclaimed. Mrs Twit didn't care about him going on and on and got even closer to him, Mr Twit carried on crying and screaming 'please don't do it! I'll do whatever you want! I'll cut my nails myself but not with those!' he said pointing to the big scissors.

Mrs Twit shouted: ' It's too late! Here I go!' she said. He shouted but within seconds he realized his nails and toes were still intact. 'he!he!' She laughed, ' I scared you! These scissors are not real! But if you don't cut your nails like I asked you, the next time they will be real!'. She finally released him.

That morning they sat outside in the nice hot weather, and while Mr Twit was cutting his nails he was planing his revenge.

What will it be?...



Sara Mari Ridley
Rosa Mari Cardona

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada